2022 Tour de TC East Coast (Buffalo to Boston)
2022 Tour de TC East Coast (Boston to Philly)
- We will have two East Coast rides – participants can elect route 1 (Buffalo to Boston), route 2 (Boston to Philly) or BOTH!
- Route 1 Buffalo to Boston: July 2 – 16
- Route 2 Boston to Philly: July 18 - 26
- Route 1 is 15 days and will be CHALLENGING and exhilarating as you explore the Adironack region by bike. This route includes extensive hill climbing and descending. Route 2 is 9 days and will include ferry rides through the Cape Cod area as well as urban riding.
- Terrain is paved roads and paved and some unpaved bike paths.
- NOTE: COVID vaccines will be required for all participants, SAG volunteers and staff.
- Hotels during the ride
- SAG Van Support
- Registration fee:
- Half Tour: $500
- Full Tour: $750
- Minimum fundraising requirement:
- Half Tour: $2,500
- Full Tour: $5,000
- Transportation to and from the start and finish, required arrival to Buffalo by July 1 (or Boston by July 17) and departure from Boston (or Philly) any time on or after the ride completes.
- All meals and snacks (local restaurants/convenience/grocery)
- All cycling gear and repair parts
- Coin laundry
All hotels will be booked and covered by Be The Match. Single occupancy unless you are traveling with a spouse, partner or friend and prefer double occupancy. Details on hotels will come direct from your Be The Match team captain and will include addresses and phone numbers.
Rider information: what to bring
- Limit one small duffle bag per rider, no wheeled luggage or large suitcases
- 4 days of riding kit, coin laundry available at hotels (Be The Match makes every effort to ensure this but can’t guarantee it at every hotel, final details will alert where this is possible)
- Please feel free to wear the same street clothes every day in the evening!
- Hotels have been chosen to be within easy walking distance to restaurants (every effort will be made to select hotels that provide breakfast)
Required bike gear
- Two 20 oz water bottles
- Cell phone with the following apps: Ride with GPS, Glympse
- Water and ice will be provided by SAG, bring any electrolytes or sports drinks you need
- 4 spare tubes (SAG van can carry them, put your name on them), sweep rider will have a pannier bag to carry a few for the group
- Puncture resistant tires or tube sealant (requires removeable valve core) recommended
- Weather appropriate gear, we will ride in light rain (check the forecast)
- Bike in good working order
- Support van and volunteer driver(s) able to transport all riders and bikes
- Cooler, water and limited snacks provided daily
- Team captain will bring tools for minor repairs
Part of the mission of this ride includes raising awareness about the life-saving mission of Be The Match. There may be engagements at Transplant Centers and potential media opportunities. Our expectation is that you will attend any engagements along the way. There is no requirement that you take part in media but we hope you are open to the opportunity!
Rules of the road
- Ride as a group within shouting distance, nobody gets dropped
- Single file on roads
- No pace line, ride a safe distance
- Regroup at the top and bottom of hills
- Follow group ride norms: communicate, call out hazards, etc.
- Obey traffic rules